121 Seaport is a new, Class A office building. Unlike its neighbor 101 Seaport, the oval-shaped tower sits above a rectilinear base containing a three-story lobby and two stories of retail amenities totaling 50,000 sq. ft. The project also includes rooftop terraces, a fitness center, below-grade parking and waterfront access. It utilizes twice as much vision glass as typical office buildings, with a composition that is structural steel, concrete core, and 80% glass.
Energy efficiency measures include:
- use of a rain reclamation system
- abundant natural daylight
- chilled beam mechanical system
- its streamlined shape reduces lateral loads and increases construction efficiency
- high plumbing fixtures throughout the building
Photo Credit: CCAP