One Manhattan West
|Location:||New York, New York|
|Architect:||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP|
Located at the corner of 33rd Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan, this 67-story, Class A office tower is one tower in the $4.5 billion Manhattan West development. Of the 2.1 million square feet, 100,000 is set aside for retail use on the first two floors.
Working in concert with the design and development team, Vidaris’ energy efficiency consulting yielded significant energy
cost savings, including these measures:
• A 1000-kW co-generation plant with heat recovered for service hot water and space heating
• Condensate heat recovery from steam
• High efficiency DX equipment with water side economizer
• Daylight dimming in lobby and amenity areas
Vidaris also performed THERM modeling to provide advice on the design of the lobby envelope.
Sustainability consulting supported, among others, these design features:
• Water efficient landscaping including rainwater capture to reduce runoff by 25% compared to the preconstruction baseline
• Measurement & verification for the base building
• LEED Gold pre-certification
• Campus strategy for maximum open space
• Significant water use reduction
NYSERDA has cofunded Vidaris’ consulting and provided hard-cost incentives as well. The building’s ascension style is inside first and outside curtain wall second, a distinctive addition to the skyline. Vidaris consulted on the building envelope and is providing monitoring of the construction on site.