229 West 43rd Street
||New York, NY
Built in three stages between 1912 and 1937 by three different architects, including the great Detroit architect Albert Kahn, the former New York Times Building at 229 West 43rd Street is an imposing and surprisingly unified example of the French Chateau style. Superseding the newspaper’s famous building at One Times Square, 229 West 43rd Street remained the Times’ headquarters until 2004. A New York City Landmark, it remains a dramatic presence in the Time Square area’s skyline. In accordance with Local Law 11 Façade Repair, Vidaris consulted on the replacement of the building’s windows.