Energy & Sustainability:
Always staying at the forefront of the industry with sustainable technology, Vidaris has recognized the growing audience and their desire for the Passive House method of building. In-turn, Vidaris has invested in two of its team members to become Certified Passive House Consultants (CPHCs).
Our experience with Passive House includes:
- We have worked closely with the entire team at Cornell Tech’s Passive House residential tower
- We have studied the effect on energy use of applying Passive House principles to education projects.
- We have extensive experience in THERM modeling, which is required as part of the PHIUS submission.
- We have energy modeling experience well beyond WUFI Passive, which is the minimum required for PHIUS certification. We can do WUFI passive, but we can also do other modeling that can help evaluate the actual expected payback of energy saving measures.
- We have expertise in Green Zoning requirements and have successfully gotten the Green Zoning bonus.
- We are approved MPP providers and can help projects earn a little bit of money to offset the additional costs of PHIUS inspections (both require blower door tests).
- We can help find the most cost-effective way to meet the sustainability & energy requirements for HPD funding.
- We have provided consulting on the first US Zero-Net building.
- We have performed Zero-Net studies for major department stores and government office buildings.
- We have created a Zero-Net report for NYSERDA.