- Undertake facade design, detailing and analysis, and participate in testing, fabrication and construction administration.
- Advise architects and clients on building enclosure performance, constructability, and durability.
- Well versed in exterior wall construction project phases including but not limited to shop drawing, modeling, design development and construction documents
- Successful completion and history of managing projects and deliverables
- Conduct\oversee field review and progress inspection on designated projects
- Document and maintain well written reports on project related activity
- Ensure familiarity with building codes in local markets
- Advise management on related project performance\key issues, status, scheduling, effort of work and estimates for completion
- Communicate effectively and establish relationships with clients and job related management teams Produce details via hand sketching and using 2D and 3D CAD packages as required.
- Providing cross-functional support to ensure client needs and internal timelines/project activities are completed
- Maintain detailed documents and progression of work from initial proposal through completion
- Break down technical needs\deliverable; assist in managing budgetary project requirements
- Provide manpower updates and resource availability
- Occasional presentation of white paper\case studies to technical teams
- Manage staff or team and foster training\mentoring
- Minimum of 5 plus years working with building envelope\enclosure project experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Register Architect | Professional Engineer preferred
- Masters in Architecture | Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of Architectural design theories/concepts and local laws\codes
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Inspection certificates preferred
- Excellent PC computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word or suitable document writing programs
- Must demonstrate an ability to work in a dynamic team environment and proficient in problem solving.
- Ability to be detail-oriented as well as see the bigger picture