We are looking for a motivated Energy Analyst with 0-2 years experience to join our Energy Modeling group within our Energy Services Division. The Energy Analyst will support Energy Project Managers and will be involved in high-profile green projects – locally, nationally, and internationally – with the opportunity to work with major real estate developers, award-winning design firms, and top tier construction companies. The Analyst will also be a technically proficient team player integrated into a team of talented Vidaris professionals who have completed over 350 LEED projects worldwide, at the forefront of energy and materials innovation, and have been actively involved in the U.S. Green Building Council since its inception.
This position will report to a manager within our Energy division and will involve a variety of general functions, including but not limited to:
- Learn modeling procedures of Vidaris
- Model buildings using eQuest and/or EnergyPlus
- Train in areas related to modeling (e.g., on architectural issues if the main experience is HVAC)
- Document and maintain well written reports on project related activity
- Communicate effectively and establish relationships with job related management teams
- Provide cross-functional support to ensure client needs and internal timelines/project activities are completed
- Maintain detailed documents and progression of work from beginning through completion
- Attend in-house seminars and scheduled team meetings
- Maintain established utilization levels
- If desired by the Energy Analyst and acceptable to their Energy Project Manager(s), a remote work option (hybrid or full-time) is available. Remote work would be balanced with the necessary training and mentorship for the position and video communication for meetings would be expected.
The candidate we are seeking will have the following qualifications, skill sets, and experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Civil Engineering, Physics or Architecture;
- Experience with building energy modeling using DOE-2, eQuest or EnergyPlus preferred;
- Knowledge of heat transfer, thermodynamics, and HVAC equipment;
- Familiarity with building design drawings and construction;
- Excellent analytical abilities;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft software, particularly Excel;
- Basic AutoCAD and Revit skills;
- THERM, WUFI, CFD knowledge is a plus;
- Computer programming knowledge is a plus as Vidaris often utilizes and develops custom analysis tools
Please note that this is a technical consulting position, NOT a design position.