Municipal Filing Specialist
This position will join the Vidaris growing Code Advisory team. This highly skilled team provides solutions to its real estate clients and development teams with a high degree of integrity and skill. The individual will work within our Code Advisory division primarily to acquire building permits and approvals from NYC Agencies.
Applicants looking for an energized environment, part of a well-respected team and seeking a ground up opportunity are encouraged to apply.
- Single point of contact for all required agency forms, approvals and permits for development projects.
- Develop and deliver forms and permits as per the filing plan for each project and delineate a schedule based on contracted needs
- Communicate with municipals for scheduling appointments, application submittals, and inspections
- Monitor schedule as well as delivery of reports, filing documents and submittals
- Manage document and internal communications related to project.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Architects, Engineers of large projects to obtain permits begin construction
- Represent client interests in municipal agencies meetings
- Prepare, review and submit filing documents and ensure code compliance to gain approval from government agencies
- Prepare, maintain and update internal lists for all tasks related to new filing structures for signed documents, filed docs, organized by form type.
- Research and remove property violations including appearance to court on behalf of Client
- Knowledge of NYC Building Department agency filing rules and procedures preferred such as:
- Local Law Façade Reports, B, Alt 1, Alt 2, Alt 3, Site Safety and Demolition permits etc.
- 3- 5 years of experience with municipal agency filing a must
- DOB Filing Representative Class 2 ID or RA/PE License
- Willing to Travel within the 5 boroughs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/ Engineering preferred
- Excellent organization skills to manage projects and track progress
- Knowledge of design software a plus such as AutoCad, Revit.