Vidaris is a leading specialty architectural consulting firm specializing in building envelope, sustainability, energy efficiency, code advisory and construction advisory services for high-profile projects and Clients. We are currently seeking a Proposal Writer to support our Building Envelope and Sustainability divisions. The Proposal team is integral to the business’ success, providing a first point of interaction with our Clients and defining the services they need. The Proposal Writer will provide support to the multiple Technical Departments and Business Development team in our New York City HQ office. The Proposal Writer will develop and coordinate scope of work / fee proposals and level of effort estimates. This position should be considered if you are a self-motivated individual, with independent work ethic, and are able to coordinate ongoing, short & long-term projects while simultaneously providing immediate, day-to-day contact with both our Clients and our Team Leaders. Experience in the field of Architecture or Engineering or in an architectural consulting firm is preferred.
- Coordinate, produce, and work with Principals/Associates/Business Development Team from each of the Vidaris divisions (Building Envelope, Energy/Green, Code Advisory, and Construction Administration) to ensure delivery of excellent proposals.
- Track the proposals process from request through delivery, and then assist Business Development with follow ups, schedules and accounting inquires.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Legal, and Finance teams as necessary to produce complete service offer packages.
- Ability to multi-task and meet or beat deadlines and help team maintain best and most efficient practices.
- Coordinate with the Proposal Manager to develop and maintain template language to achieve a superior proposal experience for our Clients.
- Contact Clients/prospects to obtain any additional project information needed for accuracy, and confirmation of proposal receipt.
- Collect, enter and maintain Client and project data for various databases and spreadsheets – including: Opportunities, Sent and Signed Logs.
- Assist with Project Announcements and Active Project folder set-up, ensure accuracy of:
- Authorized scope of work
- Client contact and billing information
- Project Documentation provided by the client during the Proposal preparation phase.
- Help the team update and maintain current Client contact lists for marketing distribution and billing purposes.
- Collaborate with fellow proposal writers, review proposal language for clarity, accuracy, grammar and spelling.
- Assist with various administrative tasks related to our business, as requested.
- The ability to work as a both a team player as well as independent self-starter.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years experience working at an architecture, engineering, construction, marketing or related consulting firm is preferred.
- Must have excellent organization, communication, writing and time management skills.
- Able to work and converse efficiently with all levels of colleagues, clients and other external contacts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe InDesign.
- Familiarity with Deltek Vision is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Communications or related field