Proposal Writer & Estimator
Vidaris is a leading architectural consulting firm providing specialty services for high-profile buildings. Our New York City Headquarters is seeking a Proposal Writer for our expanding team. Our team supports Vidaris’ specialized building envelope, sustainability, energy efficiency, code advisory and commissioning groups.
Vidaris offers competitive salary and benefits, mentorship, training, and social activities.
About the Role:
The Proposal Writer will develop and coordinate proposals and estimates under the direction of the Proposal Manager. This position is ideal for a self-motivated individual that works well independently and can coordinate multiple proposals through day-to-day interaction with clients and technical team leaders. As a Proposal Writer you will be integral to Vidaris’ success, providing a first point of interaction with our clients and defining the services they need.
This is a full-time role based in our New York Headquarters. Due to the pandemic, physical presence in the office is expected at least one day per week (subject to change), and partial remote working is an option.
- Participate in daily team scrum to review proposal priorities and progress.
- Review assigned proposal requests, assess proposal requirements and identify appropriate team leaders that will provide input on proposal scope and fees.
- Develop technical proposals based on existing proposal templates, and corresponding estimates for level of effort and fees.
- Review proposals and estimates with technical team leaders, and update according to their input.
- Collaborate with internal Marketing, Legal, and Finance teams as necessary to produce complete proposal packages.
- Collaborate with fellow proposal writers, review proposal language for clarity, accuracy, grammar and spelling.
- Contact clients/prospects to obtain any additional information needed to develop the proposal, and confirm proposal receipt.
- Collect, enter and maintain client and project data in our CRM platform (Deltek).
- Coordinate with the Proposal Manager to develop and maintain template language based on client needs.
- Exceptional analytical, creative problem solving and written communication skills.
- Cool under pressure of quick deadlines while juggling multiple proposals at a time.
- Strong organizational skills, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree is required: business, marketing, communications, or related field is desirable.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in proposal writing and estimating, with experience working at an architecture, engineering, marketing or consulting firm is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe InDesign).
- Experience with Deltek Vision is desirable.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that gives us insight into your qualifications for the role, as well as three writing samples to email@example.com with “Proposal Writer & Estimator” in the subject line.
For more information, please visit https://www.vidaris.com/careers/