Senior Energy Analyst (THERM)
As part of our growth, we are currently looking for a motivated Senior Energy Analyst with 2-5 years experience to join our Energy Modeling group within our Energy Services Division. The Senior Energy Analyst will support Energy Project Managers and will be involved in high-profile sustainability projects – locally, nationally, and internationally – with the opportunity to work with major real estate developers, award-winning design firms, and top tier construction companies.
The Senior Analyst will also be a technically proficient team player integrated into a team of talented professionals who have completed over 350 LEED projects worldwide, at the forefront of energy and materials innovation, and have been actively involved in the U.S. Green Building Council since its inception. Our project types are broad, including offices, multi-family residential (mid & high-rise), assembly, natatoriums, and art galleries and project sizes typically range from 100k to 2 million square feet.
This position will report to the Principal within our Energy Division.
If a junior applicant (2-3 years experience), you will be trained on construction materials and techniques with a focus on hygrothermal aspects.
If a senior applicant (3-5 years experience), you will exchange information about techniques and methods, broadly collaborate with other Vidaris groups from concept through construction and manage client contact.
Other general responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform calculations of U-value for various building assemblies (walls, thermal bridges, fenestration, roofs, etc), spanning the entire range of construction in multiple climate zones.
- Perform dewpoint analyses
- Document and maintain well written reports on project related activity
- Communicate effectively and establish relationships with job related management teams
- Provide cross-functional support to ensure client needs and internal timelines/project activities are completed
- Maintain detailed documents and progression of work from beginning through completion
- Attend in-house seminars and scheduled team meetings
- Maintain established utilization levels
The candidate we are seeking will have the following qualifications, skill sets, and experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Civil Engineering, Physics or Architecture;
- US project experience with envelope U-value calculations using ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix A and THERM. (University course experience does not meet the requirement)
- Knowledge and experience with ASHRAE Envelope section is required
- Experience with COMCheck, WUFI, and CFD is preferred
- Experience with building energy modeling using DOE-2, eQuest or EnergyPlus is a plus;
- Knowledge of heat transfer, thermodynamics, and HVAC equipment;
- Excellent analytical abilities;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft software, particularly Excel;
- Basic AutoCAD and Revit skills;
- Computer programming knowledge is a plus as Vidaris often utilizes and develops custom analysis tools
Please note that this is a technical consulting position, NOT a design position.