Job Location: Vidaris, Inc. 360 Park Avenue South, 15th Floor, New York, New York 10010
Position type: Full-Time / Regular
The Senior Inspector examines the building envelope and recommends necessary repairs to ensure structural integrity of the façade and also makes routine visits to job sites to ensure that construction work is performed according to design specifications and contract documents.
- Understand exterior wall construction project phases including but not limited to shop drawing, modeling, design development and construction documents;
- Conduct field review and progress inspection on designated projects;
- Document and maintain well written reports on project related activity;
- Ensure familiarity with building codes in local markets;
- Advise Project manager on status, scheduling, effort of work and estimates for completion;
- Provide cross-functional support to ensure client needs and internal timelines/project activities are completed;
- Maintain detailed documents and progression of work from initial proposal through completion;
- Present project related technical information to clients and design teams;
- Occasionally present white paper/case studies to technical teams; and
- Maintain established utilization levels.
Education and Experience:
Employer requires a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or a closely related field and at least one (1) year of experience working with building envelope design, inspection, development or engineering.
In the alternative, the employer is willing to accept the completion of eight relevant postsecondary academic courses in lieu of one (1) year of experience working with building envelope design, inspection, development or engineering.
In addition, the candidate must have the following:
- Demonstrated ability using measurement devices;
- Demonstrated ability reading and interpreting architectural drawings;
- Demonstrated knowledge of architectural design concepts and structural concepts related to exterior wall construction; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of historical building methods, construction materials, and structural ability.
All years of experience and coursework may be gained concurrently.
Please send resumes to Vidaris, Inc. 360 Park Avenue South, 15th Floor, New York, New York 10010 (attn: Glen Waller).