Envelope Senior Consultant, Existing Buildings
New York, NY
- Consult on existing facade design for enhancement or maintenance type projects: forensic review and analysis, Bid Document and repair detail preparation, direct Bidding Phase, and Construction Administration. Well versed in exterior wall construction.
- Work with Vidaris management departments on our integrated internal services (proposing writing, internal tracking of our budgetary project requirements).
- Assist with management, and growth, of our services related to the Façade Inspection and Safety Program (FISP).
- Communicate effectively and establish relationships with clients and job related management teams. Providing cross-functional support to ensure client needs and internal timelines/project activities are completed
- Familiarity with building codes (including Energy Codes) in local markets
- Advise architects and clients on building enclosure performance, constructability, and durability.
- Document and maintain well written reports on project related activity.
- Provide successful completion and history of managing projects and deliverables.
- Assist with the oversight and review of Restoration Division staff’s reports and progress of Projects.
- Assist with managing manpower and Division technical needs and initiatives.
- Manage staff or team and foster training/mentoring
- Occasional presentation of white papercase studies to technical teams.
- Minimum of 8 plus years working with building envelopeenclosure project experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Register Architect | Professional Engineer
- Knowledge of Architectural design theories/concepts and local lawscodes
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Inspection certificates preferred
- Excellent PC computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word or suitable document writing programs
- Must demonstrate an ability to work in a dynamic team environment, proficient in problem solving and multi-tasking.
- Ability to be detail-oriented as well as see the bigger picture