We are looking for a motivated Sustainability Analyst with 0-2 years experience to join our Green Group within our Energy Services Division. The Sustainability Analyst will support Sustainability Project Managers and will be involved in high-profile green projects – locally, nationally, and internationally – with the opportunity to work with major real estate developers, award-winning design firms, and top tier construction companies. The Analyst will also be a technically proficient team player integrated into a team of talented Vidaris professionals who have completed over 350 LEED projects worldwide, at the forefront of energy and materials innovation, and have been actively involved in the U.S. Green Building Council since its inception.
This position reports to the Associates within our Green division with strong opportunity for advancement. Tasks and responsibilities will involve a variety of general functions, including but not limited to:
- Assist project teams in pursuing building certifications;
- Analyze sustainable opportunities in design and construction of project work;
- Train in areas related to sustainability\LEED activity;
- Document and maintain well written reports on project related activity;
- Perform research on emerging concepts in the Sustainability field
- Communicate effectively and establish relationships with job related management teams;
- Providing cross-functional support to ensure client needs and internal timelines/project activities are completed;
- Maintain detailed documents and progression of work from initial proposal through completion;
- Present project related technical information to design teams;
- Occasional presentation of white paper\case studies to in-house technical teams;
- Attend in-house seminars and scheduled team meetings;
- Maintain established utilization levels.
The candidate we are seeking will have the following qualifications, skill sets, and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Architecture, Interior Design, or Engineering or similar is preferred, but other qualifications will be evaluated;
- 0-2 years’ experience in building; sustainability focus/experience is highly desirable;
- LEED AP or WELL AP with specialty designation is highly desirable;
- Relevant experience in sustainability certifications (LEED, WELL, ESG, etc) a plus;
- Excellent analytical abilities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills with ability to independently manage multiple tasks while maintaining focus and attention to detail;
- Proficient in Microsoft software, particularly Excel;
- Basic AutoCAD or Revit skills a plus.
Please note that this is a technical consulting position, NOT a design position.