Chrysler Building East (666 Third Avenue)
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Client:||Tishman Speyer Properties, Inc.|
Constructed in 1952 as the Kent Building and one of Midtown’s earliest International Style skyscrapers, 666 Third Avenue was incorporated into the Chrysler Center under a renovation headed by renowned architect Phillip Johnson. Linked to the famed Chrysler Building standing directly to the west, Chrysler Building East features a sophisticated façade of dark blue glass and a vast column-free granite lobby. In 2011, Vidaris provided consulting and monitoring for the recladding and consulted on both the roofing and FISP compliance. The result is an eye-catching yet complimentary merging of the original structure with one of the city’s best-known landmarks.