Flood Compliance / Mitigation
Real Solutions for Complex Regulations
Vidaris provides planning and inspection services for owners, government and insurance companies before and after flood events.
Our team of professionals will identify code requirements and options for both temporary and permanent flood mitigation systems for early integration into the design team’s drawings and specifications.
Vidaris will determine the regulatory requirements applicable to this project, covering Building Code Flood Resistant Construction per Appendix G of the NYS Building Code and ASCE 24-05, including:
– Voluntary vs. Mandatory requirements
– Base flood elevation and flood depth determination
– Streetscape, transparency and egress requirements
– Use, occupancy and location of utilities and equipment
– Flood zone construction standards and material restrictions
– Current products on the market
– Required Special and Progress Inspections
– Flood Emergency Plan Development