One Hudson Boulevard (55 Hudson Yards)
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Architect:||Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates|
|Client:||Joint Venture: Related Companies, Oxford Properties Group and Mitsui|
Located in the East Rail Yards (ERY) section of Hudson Yards, a 17 million square foot development, this project incorporates layout flexibility and terraces, optimizing the workspace environment.
Along with 55 Hudson Yards, Vidaris serves as the LEED/energy consultant for the Office Tower C (LEED Platinum), and Office Tower A, Residential Tower D, Mixed Use Tower E, the Culture Shed and the Retail Podium - all LEED Gold. Vidaris also provides the LEED for Neighborhood Development (LEED-ND) consulting for the entire Hudson Yards site.
Vidaris assisted the design team in increasing the energy efficiency of the tower by analyzing several measures, notably:
- High efficiency glazing with lower U-Value and SHGC-value
- Lower lighting power density in core and shell spaces and exterior areas
- Heat recovery of exhaust air
- High efficiency water-cooled DX air conditioners
- High efficiency condensing boiler
Vidaris’ LEED consulting has included documentation support of such measures as:
- A 25,000 gallon stormwater retention tank, with reuse for cooling tower makeup and irrigation
- A Measurement & Verification program for energy -related systems using metering equipment, the Building Management Control System (BMCS), and a calibrated energy model, to provide ongoing accountability of energy and water consumption
- High efficiency (MERV 13) filters for ventilation system outdoor air intakes
- Tenant guidelines including requirements for an organic waste management system for restaurants and cafeterias, to meet NYC Local Law 146 (Commercial Organics Law)
Vidaris also provided energy modeling for Energy Code compliance and support for the NYC Local Law 84. The energy efficiency and LEED work was cost-shared by New York State Energy Research and Development Authority.