The Mark Hotel (25 East 77th Street)
||New York, NY
Its corner mansard roof a jaunty presence on Madison Avenue’s streetscape, The Mark at 77th Street first opened its doors in 1927. A suave Italian Renaissance design from the celebrated firm of Schwartz & Gross, the hotel was given a comprehensive interior renovation by the French designer Jacques Granges in 2009 and currently incorporates 10 cooperative residences in addition to 150 hotel rooms. Vidaris consulted on the replacement of all windows and the removal and infill of all PTAC units, matching the exterior brick of the landmarked building and completely cleaned the façades.